1. Paracetamol is more effective on an empty stomach
2. Eating fatty food (e.g. Milk) together taking ACT Antimalarial medications will increase it’s the absorption rate.
3. Taking NSAIDs (e.g. Ibuprofen, Diclofenac & Aspirin) will irritate your stomach and such medications should be avoided by Ulcer patients.
4. Dexamethasone increases blood sugar & should not be taken by someone who is diabetic (when taken, the blood sugar should seriously be monitored). Talk to your healthcare provider about your medical history (especially current MH) about it.
5. Corticosteroids (such as Dexamethasone & Prednisolone) interacts with birth control pills, warfarin, NSAIDs & Digoxin.
6. Corticosteroids can affect certain LABORATORY TEST like “skin test”. Talk to your healthcare provider about this specific medications before running a test.
7. If you are taking an Antacid & another drug, take the Antacid at least 2 hours before taking the drug or 3 hours after taking the drug.
8. Take Tetracycline 2 hours before or 4 hours after taking an Antacid.
9. Take Tetracycline 2 hours before or after taking certain minerals containing products (such as Zinc, Magnesium & Iron).
10. Tetracycline, Fluoroquinolones, Aminoglycosides, Sulfonamides & Chloramphenicol can HARM the FETUS. If you are pregnant or have plans of becoming pregnant while taking tetracycline, inform your Gynecologist immediately.
11. Using Tetracycline during pregnancy or in babies or children up to age 8 can cause the teeth to be PERMANENTLY stained.
12. A lot of Medications, Foods, Drink and Herbs do interact with other medications.
More Reason why you should,
ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR PHARMACIST BEFORE TAKING ANY MEDICATION.